St James Anglican Church

65 Church Street South, St Marys, Ontario

Priest:   The Rev'd Canon France Ouimet-Wilson
(since 15 March 2010)

Sunday Service: 11:00 a.m.
All welcome!   Sunday School & Nursery available

The first resident Anglican clergyman was appointed in 1851.   The rectangular limestone building was built in 1857.   The roof was raised, the tower, the buttresses and the west entrance porch added in 1886.

The 'Hope of the World' window (below left) was donated by Margaret Bonis in 1996.   The original 1908 pipe organ was replaced in 1950 by the organ pictured.

St James', St Marys and St Paul's, Kirkton joined to became a 2-point parish in 1999.   Kirkton is about 15 km west of St Marys.   St Paul's Church is a brick building constructed in 1900 replacing a frame structure erected in 1862.   The parish is in the Deanery of Perth in the Diocese of Huron.
 
St Mark's
Port Hope, Ont.
Anglican Parish of
Long Point Bay

More on   St James Anglican Church, St Marys, Ontario