Anglican Parish of the
Bruce Peninsula

P.O. Box 306, Wiarton, Ontario   N0H 2T0
Trinity Anglican Church, Wiarton, Ontario

The Parish of the Bruce Peninsula is six Anglican Churches in Bruce County, Ontario.   The congregations have shared the ministry of one rector since 1979.

Trinity Anglican Church
491 Gould Street, Wiarton, Ontario
Sunday Service:   9:30 am
Established in 1867, the present stone church was erected in 1890.

Christ Church
Main Street, Lion's Head, Ontario
Sunday Service:   11:15 am
The frame church was built in 1883.   The building was damaged by storms in 1913 leaving part of the building unsafe.   After 8 years funds were raised to brick veneer the church.

Christ Church, Lion's Head, Ontario
Trinity Anglican Church
Wiarton, Ontario

 
Christ Church
Lion's Head, Ontario

 

St. Edmund's Church, Tobermory, Ontario

St. Edmund's Church
Front St., Tobermory, Ontario
Sunday Service:   2:00 pm
On the shore of Georgian Bay, St Edmund's was built to serve residents, cottagers and tourists in 1959.

St. Andrew's Church
Church Lane
Howdenvale, Ontario
Sunday Service:   10 am
(Victoria Day to Thanksgiving)
Services have been held in Howdenvale since the 1920s.   The current white frame church was erected in 1950.

St. Margaret's Chapel
Cape Chin, Ontario
Service: 7:30 pm (summer only)
St Margaret's stone church was constructed in 1925.

St. Peter-by-the-Lake
Third St., Sauble Beach, Ontario
Summer Services only:
Saturday 5:30pm.
Sunday 8am & 10am
St. Peter's-by-the-Lake was established in 1952 when a frame Presbyterian Church in Hepworth was bought and moved to Sauble Beach.


St. Andrew's Church, Howdenvale, Ontario
St. Edmund's Church
Tobermory, Ontario

 
St. Andrew's Church
Howdenvale, Ontario

 
St. Margaret's Church, Cape Chin, Ontario St Peter's Church, Sauble Beach, Ontario
St. Margaret's Chapel
Cape Chin, Ontario


 
St Peter-by-the-Lake Church
Sauble Beach, Ontario


 
St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Wiarton, Ontario
 


ELCIC logoACC logoPastor Brad Mittleholtz of St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Wiarton (shown left) was appointed Interim for the Parish of the Bruce in a new ministry relationship with the Lutheran and Anglican folk of the Bruce, effective the first of January 2008.   The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada and the Anglican Church of Canada have been in full communion since 2001.

September 2008

Previous Site
St. Matthew's Anglican, Florence, Ontario
Next Site
Christ Anglican Church, Newbury, Ontario